Sunday, 24 June 2012

Thank You


A rough translation. The original song. I could make a better translation but I'm too lazy and it's here only because I wanted not-Finnish-speaking people to know what the song is about because it's relevant to one of my writing projects. (Molly's House, if anyone's familiar with it.)

Maybe you remember me
And you can't confide:
Write about us now when
your new one's angry
and can't stand me at all.
In my dream illusions I see you,
no one can take them away from me.


It goes like this many times:
Everything isn't shown on the surface
You got angry when you couldn't get in
my closed rooms
You wanted to know why
there always was a piece missing,
why I drifted and evaded.
Oh, if I'd know myself


Although all can be forgotten
Thanks for putting up with me, even for too long
You accepted a half of me in your madness
It's as much as I've ever been able to give


If I can ask one thing
even though it wasn't so
Please tell me I'm unique,
so that I believe it,
Others aren't as much
No one can exceed
Even though some one's got to do


Thanks for trying to understand
I knew that even you couldn't do it
And if I remember too much sometimes
I drink one more and I'll remember
a lot less.


Even though everything can be forgotten
Thanks for putting up with me, even for too long
Thanks for accepting a half of me
That's as much as I've ever been able to give
Maybe you remember me





No comments:

Post a Comment