Tuesday, 20 March 2012

From My Adventures in the Curious Kingdom of Music

My long journeys on Youtube and Spotify have paid off. Let me share my newest musical discoveries. Some of these are, well, newer than the other, but anyways, I haven't been a fan of any of theirs for a long time and I still don't actually consider myself as one, as it would require more than just generally liking for the music for a while but anyway, here's a piece of my ridiculously vast taste of music. Enjoy, or bear with me.

1. Luomuhappo
Finnish psy-trance, breakbeat, electro and ambient. This what I jam to home alone when I have nothing to do. Private party material. I bet everyone's already sick of me fangirling this but I can't help it because I haven't found anything this addictive for a while!


2. Vitamin String Quartet
Their tributes are fuckin' amazing. Ideal writing music. And there's a lot of it. Even on Spotify. Many of the tributes are a million times better than the original songs, I think, as I prefer my mainstream pop music played this way.


3. Sopor Aeternus & The Ensemble of Shadows
Lovely writing and drawing music! According to Wikipedia, they play neoclassical darkwave, dark folk, neo-medieval and gothic rock. I'm a lost cause in terms of genres but God, I love this very song.


4. Caravan Palace
French electroswing! I found this randomly from Spotify and fell in love instantly. Another private party band of mine. If I was music I would probably be something like this. At times. Maybe quite often.

5. Hannah Fury
The kind of music I use when I need background music for random chilling. Yay for melancholic dark cabaret. I don't think Wikipedia has it right on that, though, this is not dark. The colour I associate this music with is white, it reminds me of winter and light. It's not happy, but it's light, feather-like.


No comments:

Post a Comment