Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Not There Yet

I have a cat I've got to take care of. I have a couple of art projects and a couple of writing projects. I still can't play the violin nor have I mastered the piano. I still haven't had my first dog. I haven't been thin. I haven't visited all the places I want to visit. I haven't seen the skies I want to see. I don't speak Japanese nor Russian yet, nor German nor Swedish fluently. I'm not as talented artist as I'd like to be. I don't know as many things as I'd want to, I'm not known for being good at anything and I haven't given the world anything at all. I've never loved my body. I haven't seen kaamos, the polar night, for real. I haven't got my own Wikipedia page. I haven't made an album. I haven't acted in a movie, not even in a small role. I haven't owned a cool car nor a good guitar. I still don't have all the books I want to own and I haven't finished my to read not to watch -lists. I haven't studied abroad. I haven't been to an university. I haven't seen London in New Year's Eve, nor during Yuletide. I haven't rented my own apartment and I've never had a flatmate. I haven't been hiking. I don't write perfectly with my right hand...

That's what keeps me going. There's nothing wrong with being imperfect. At some point it can be the force that keeps you alive, the reason why you live can be to develop and educate yourself. This incompleteness can be a strength and it sure is something you'll never get rid of because if people are anything, they're defective and they will always remain so. When you take this road the only questions are what level of incompleteness you are willing to tolerate and what you are going to do about it afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment