I went to the grocery shop nearby. Saw an old… Saw a person from the
days long gone. The air around felt thick of unsaid hellos and goodbyes,
questions and greetings, explanations, life, time that has passed, we
being perfectly aware of it. I breathed in the emotion, felt like
drowning as if it had been liquid and perhaps it was, and in a minute he
was gone like he’d never been there. I found traces afterwards, I
smelled the oddity in his clothes, new people around him, new places he
had been to. He hadn’t changed a lot and neither have I.
And
here I sit, in my upstairs bedroom, on the window sill looking at the
busy city below and think about the other tiny persons around its
corners and turns, wondering how often or seldom it is when they stop to
think like I do now. No snow, but it’s raining again and the raindrops
find the glass like our younger fingers did each other, sticking to it
but falling down and fading away after a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment